- Change Log
- Old Versions
- Fixed: The Gaussian Blur effect was incorrectly calculating alpha values for non-opaque pixels.
- Improved performance of the Sharpen effect by about 25%
- Improved performance of the Median effect by about 30%
- Improved performance of the Fragment effect by about 40%
- Improved performance of the Unfocus effect by about 100%
- Reduced memory usage when many selection manipulation operations are in the history/undo stack (the undo data is now saved to disk)
- The built-in updater now supports upgrading to paint.net 4.0 (when it's available)
18 Aug 2013 - PaintNET 3.5.11
PaintNET Publisher's description:
from Rick Brewster
Paint.NET is image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers.
Paint.NET is jointly developed at Washington State University with additional help from Microsoft, and is meant to be a free replacement for the MS Paint software that comes with all Windows operating systems.Paint.NET is a photo editor and manipulation software.
The programming language used to create Paint.NET is C#, with GDI extensions.
Paint.NET has many of the powerful features that expensive commercial applications have, including the ability to use layers.
Simple, intuitive user interface:
- Every feature and user interface element was designed to be immediately intuitive and quickly learnable without assistance. It is also designed to be immediately familiar to users of the original MS Paint software that comes with Windows.
- Usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software, layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.
- Paint.NET includes simple tools for drawing shapes, including an easy-to-use curve tool for drawing splines or Bezier curves. The Gradient tool, has been cited as a huge improvement over similar tools provided by other software. The facilities for creating and working with selections is powerful, yet still simple enough to be picked up quickly. Other powerful tools include the Magic Wand for selecting regions of similar color, and the Clone Stamp for copying or erasing portions of an image. There is also a simple text editor, a tool for zooming, and a Recolor tool.
- Everybody makes mistakes, and everybody changes their mind. To accommodate this, every action you perform on an image is recorded in the History window and may be undone. Once you've undone an action, you can also redo it. The length of the history is only limited by available disk space.
- Many special effects are included for perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is a unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an image's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned.