- Change Log
- Old Versions
VirtualBox Publisher's description:
Oracle VM VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, Oracle VM VirtualBox is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
Oracle VM VirtualBox is a package of strong x86 virtualization software for enterprise as well as home use.
The binaries from the download section are all released under the Oracle VM VirtualBox Personal Use and Evaluation License (PUEL).
Following are the Key Features of “VirtualBox”:
- 64-bit guests (64 bit hosts with CPU virtualisation extensions or experimentally on 64bit capable 32bit host operating systems)
- NCQ support for SATA raw disks and partitions
- Seamless mode
- Shared folders
- Special drivers and utilities to facilitate switching between systems
- Experimental OpenGL drivers for win32 and Linux to render on Host hardware
- Command line interaction (in addition to the GUI)
- Public API (Java, Python, SOAP, XPCOM) to control VM configuration and execution 
- Remote display (useful for headless host machines)
- Nested paging for AMD-V and Intel Core i7
- Raw hard disk access – allows a guest operating system to access its virtual hard disk without going through the host OS file system
- VMware Virtual Machine Disk Format (VMDK) support – allows VirtualBox to use a disk image created in VMware
- Microsoft VHD support