- Change Log
- Old Versions
* Artificial Intelligence Security
- This new feature will increase WinPatrol value exponentially over time. It will also be accessible for our future apps like Task Catcher "Extreme" and other partners interested in licensing the technology. Unlike the Optional sharing of choices used on our Community Info pages, all A.I. Security data is kept private on your machine.
- Semi-Transparent Alert messages on Windows 8 make Scotty less intrusive.
- Manifest file updated to support presistant WinPatrol window size and positions when using alternate DPI settings.
- Improvements to our Active Task List and more success Killing of active tasks using multi-selection standards.
- Introduction of new triggers to increase performance by reducing redundant monitoring(PLUS Only)
- Improved performance of change detection on our free version.
- Improved screen UI and description when a change is detected for the Windows Update settings.
- The default setting for File Explorer integration is now disabled. Its been pointed out that a large number of programs taking advantage of the right-click context menu wthout asking. We also dont want to seem like we re nagging users to upgrade to WinPatrol PLUS.
WinPatrol Publisher's description:
from BillP Studios
WinPatrol will alert you to Spyware, Adware, & nasty programs that may infiltrate your computer without your knowledge. WinPatrol’s goal is to help you better understand what programs are running on your computer, and alert you to any new programs added without your permission.
Scotty lets you confirm any new programs set up to run on your computer. WinPatrol uses a heuristic approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats.
WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. You’ll be removing dangerous new programs while others download new reference files.
Don’t be surprised when you see programs not listed by typical Startup Program managers. WinPatrol has expanded the number of locations monitored to include many undocumented registry locations.
Key features of “WinPatrol”:
· Increase Your Speed & System Performance
· Detect & Neutralize Spyware. Detect & Neutralize ADware
· Detect & Neutralize Viral infections. Detect & Neutralize Unwanted IE Add-Ons
· Detect & Restore File Type Changes Automatically Filter Unwanted Cookies
· Avoid Start Page Hijacking. Detect HOSTS file changes
· Kill Multiple Tasks that replicate each other, in a single step
· Stop programs that repeatedly add themselves to your Startup List
· Delete and Remove the most Stubborn Infections